WORK EXPERIENCE (SELECTION)
WRITER AND PERFORMER
JAN 2003 – PRESENT
• Artist-led commissioned performances with Sideshow Wonderland collective for ticketed events including month-long run of Enchanted Wonderland through Wykeland Fruit Market (2019).
• Published short story The Blue Dress in the anthology My Voice My Story: Courage is a Gift by M.S. Wordsmith (2019).
• Spoken word postcast Suffrage Stories commissioned by Apples and Snakes produced by Kristen Luckins studio recorded by Jay Skyes (2018).
WOMEN OF WORDS HULL
MAY 2015 – PRESENT
• Artist liaison, co-hosting and community management for literary event series giving women’s voices a public platform through the production and performance of new work.
• Partnered with National Writing Day, devised and produced new works for BBC Contains Strong Language in 2017 and 2018.
• Mentored by Dr. Kate Fox & Kirsten Luckins (Apples and Snakes North).
FEB 2014 – PRESENT
• Promoter and journalist for events and exhibitions including Transgressions Dance Festival (2018 – 2019), Heads Up Festival (2009 – 2019), Square Peg exhibition programme (2017-2018), Scottish Colourists from the Fleming Collection (2018), Humber Mouth Literature Festival (2010 – 2018).
• Press liaison for events such as Dementia Day Out 2018 (Butterflies Memory Loss Support Group) and Criminal Justice Board LGBT Awareness event and the Arts Council England funded Dance Platform Danza!
• Self-employment includes close relationships with clients such as Hull City Council, University of Hull, Artlink Hull, Hull Dance CIC, Wrecking Ball Press and Ensemble 52.
BUTTERLIES MEMORY LOSS SUPPORT GROUP
MAY 2016 – DEC 2018
• Regular planning and delivery of creative sessions for members of the community living with dementia.
JAN 2004 – DEC 2011
• Promotion, Artist Liaison and Press Officer for Glimmer International Short Film Festival as the assistant to the festival director from 2006 to 2011.
• Monthly planning and delivery of live music events at New Adelphi Club throughout 2005.
• Organisation and co-hosting of the 2004 Tsunami Benefit concert engaging with key partners, venues and regional media outlets.
RETAIL ASSISTANT MANAGER
JAN 2004 – DEC 2004
• Responsibilities include coordinating deliveries, stock taking, cash handling, securing premises, costumer service.
RETAIL ASSISTANT MANAGER
JAN 2003 – DEC 2003
• Responsibilities for customer service, stock taking, cash handling, securing premises
1 : 1 BA (HONS) INTERACTIVE MEDIA/ DIGITAL MEDIA JOURNALISM
HULL SCHOOL OF ART & DESIGN
• Client-led degree in digital media journalism: incl practical web design, digital & editorial skills, content writing and public relations. Clients/Placements Platform Expos, Hull Film, BBC Screen.
• Student and Course representative facilitated extra-curricular projects with new students, partnering with regional press organisations and local charitable organisations.
• Dissertation: ’24 Hour News and its destabilising effect on the globe’
NETWORKS AND MEMBERSHIPS
The Critical Fish
Core Group Member
2018 – PRESENT
City Arts Network
2005 – PRESENT
• Excellent knowledge of Social Media Platforms including Facebook and Twitter.
• Excellent knowledge of web page design supported by platforms such as WordPress.
• Confident user of Microsoft Office package including Word and Powerpoint.
• Trained in public speaking including broadcast experience (Radio and Television).
REFERENCES ON REQUEST